Custom Neon Signs, Electronic Signs
At Custom Sign Center, we provide amazing business signage solutions and benefits when it comes time to highlight, enlighten or create your next electronic signs, custom neon signs or LED signs. LED signs have emerged as the go-to lighting source for lighting your custom sign in a huge number of ways.
Below see a few examples of our stunning electronic signs, custom neon signs, and LED signs. Let us make a custom neon sign for you. Our stunning, brightly colored custom signs will work for indoor signs or outdoor business signage. You're only limited by your imagination. Let's get creative!
Neon Lights | Business Signs | Outdoor ~ Indoor Signs
Neon Signs have been around since the late 19th Century, but show no indication of diminishing as a dominant, versatile and durable sign solution. A quality manufactured electronic sign can last for many decades, and with maintenance, can last much longer still. Unlike many other kinds of signs, neon lights are still largely a handcrafted product. That is the case here at Custom Sign Center. We still hand craft these beautiful signs to your specifications. Glass tubes of variable thickness are heated over a super-hot flame and are hand bent to shape by our passionate neon artisans. When cooled, they are filled with neon gas. Other elements are introduced to the mix to create an array of colors. An electric current is then passed through these hand crafted glass tubes, causing the neon to glow brilliantly. Use your electronic signs outdoor or indoor.
Neon Signs of Columbus Ohio | Neon Lights
With our in-house neon tubing frabrication plant, we manufacture “miles” of neon tube lights. We manufacture most of the parts we use in house, but we also rely on quality vendors, such as SignLights LED for quality parts. Using cutting edge techniques from our sign shop in Columbus Ohio, we produce long lasting production and custom manufactuing runs while ensuring that all of our neon and transformer installations are UL approved. Our custom neon signs comply to UL 2161 rules and regulations as stated by the Underwriters Laboratories.
Neon is an excellent choice for restaurants and retail stores as an effective display in busy streets and mall areas where competition for the attention of passersby is at a premium. Beyond it’s uses as signage, electronic or lighted neon designs serve as an attractive accent to architecture, building borders, cabinet underlighting, etc. For more advertising flair, you can create flashing designs and design elements, making neon perhaps the ultimate business sign medium for vigor, intensity, and vitality. We also create stunning custom neon lights for home uses as well. Wouldn't your Man Cave benefit from a custom Dave's Man Cave neon sign?
Light-Emitting-Diodes (LED) Alternatives
Light-Emitting-Diodes (LED) Signs or Neon? if that’s a question we can help you with the answer.
- LEDs use 6-10 times less power than neon, or 10 watts vs Neon’s 96 watts
- Run cooler – Neon electrodes, that are attached to each tube, do get hot and occasionally burn out wires or transformers. LEDs only reach 140°-212°F and have no transformers to blow out.
- 25-35% thinner - Without neon tubes LED signs can be as thin as 1 inch while Neon signs’ thickness runs around 5 inches thick.
- Last longer - neon lasts 7-10 years and fade over time, while LED’s last longer than 10 years
- Burn brighter - LEDs produce 100 lumens per watt, neon only 50
- Flexible so you have more animation options, which can sometimes cause permitting issues if your signs flash.
- Can be reusable – The flexibility of LEDs can allow you to recycle the elements into another sign. A very important element for the environmentally conscience. Once you purchase a neon sign that’s it. The sign can never be changed or updated like an LED.
- Not as affected by the ambient temperature – LEDs are affected by excessive heat but not so much the cold. While neon and argon gasses get lazy in the cold and don’t appear as crisp and bright.
These are just some of the reasons LEDs have taken over in electronic signage along with the reduced initial cost, which is around 10% cheaper. Plus LED’s low maintenance costs. While Neon tubes periodically need their gases refilled, LEDs need no such maintenance. All businesses need signage. Studies show that lighted signs and Electronic Message Centers (EMC) attract more attention than traditional signage. If you are considering LEDs you want to choose an established company with experience in digital signage who won’t leave you hanging after the installation. Custom Sign Center will confer with you and show you all the options that fit your space, color preferences, and your budget. We will help you consider what your company needs and work with you on your design until it’s right.
Request a quote from one of our knowledgeable representatives to learn more about all your electrical signage options.